Octopus Salad – Salada de Polvo
Now that you have done the hard part of cooking the octopus as shown in my post here, here’s the simple salad.
It can be eaten as part of other dishes in a tapas style meal. It’s often eaten with new potatoes.
Once it’s dressed like this it can be kept in the fridge and eaten like so or do what I did today for lunch and toss some in salad leaves with tomatoes and avocado, no need to dress the leaves.
Add onion or shallots
A very generous amount of parsley
If the octopus wasn’t salted when it was cooked add salt, and some freshly ground pepper or cayenne or piri-piri
Generous amount of extra virgin olive oil, your best one.
I also like to add a touch of white wine or sherry vinegar, or fresh lemon juice.
It will keep very well in the fridge, can be made ahead the day before needing it.
- 1 x 500g / 1 lb cooked octopus see here for how to
- 1 small/medium finely chopped red onion, or mild onion or shallots
- large generous handful of parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, enough for all the pieces of octopus to be dressed
- salt – two large pinches or to taste (if the octopus hasn’t been salted while cooking)
- 1 tablespoon of white wine or sherry vinegar, or fresh lemon juice
- generous amount freshly ground pepper or large pinch or cayenne pepper or piri-piri