How to make praline or caramel
For my video and recipe on how to make caramel see here.
For my Hazelnut cake with mascarpone cheese frosting and praline see here
Roast the nuts lightly first, it enhances flavour of praline.
You can make praline or caramel using caster sugar or granulated.
Once the sugar has dissolved add your nuts and stir them in and your praline is ready to be poured on to a stone slab, baking paper or foil.
Most praline recipes use just sugar, no water, but you can add a little liqueur to your praline.
- 100g / ¾ cup skinned whole hazelnuts, roasted
- 100g / ½ cup white sugar (ideal caster sugar not essential)
- Add the sugar to a small pan on a low heat without touching or stirring and wait until it melts.
- Add the nuts, cover in the caramel, pour on to baking paper or foil.
- When the caramel is cool completely put into a food processor until broken into small pieces.